Sunday, September 15, 2013

Starting to get around

After an adjustment day yesterday where we were living more sleeping hours than awake, we headed out mid morning to Tissus Gregoire which is a great fabric/table linen store on the outskirts of Avignon, that we have frequented in the past to the tune of many euros. As we’re in the throws of changing some things back home, we weren’t quite sure what we were looking for, but that makes visiting this store a great treasure hunt, where one is never quite certain what one may dig up - think of Len’s Mills back home on a massive scale. Following this stop we headed to our favourite everything store, Auchan, in Avignon north. We spent the next three hours browsing the aisles of the exotic - for we Canadians - and “normale” for the French. One of my recent goals when coming to France is to discover some new - to me anyway - Francophone musicians, so with phone in hand, I took pics of numerous “new” releases that I could check out later on i-tunes. My new discovery for today was Mylene Farmer, who had quite a catalogue that justified a “best of” release with close to 50 cuts. She might best be classified as techno/pop/jazz. Anyway, she is now part of my library. We got back to Cairanne later than expected, so had a late lunch which meant an even later dinner. By 9:00 we were enjoying an omelette of fresh tomato, scallions and mushrooms with fried lardons (bacon bits), gesiers (duck gizards) and brie and enjoying Mylene Farmer and a fine 2008 Mourchon Tradition red. The sunsets are generally an event from the terrace of Chez Pigeon and tonight was no exception, but I’m not sure I’ve mastered the art of taking said pictures. I’ll work on it.

No comments: